Friday, August 26, 2005

Life Beyond the Midway

So now I live at 61st and Ingleside. If you are familar with University of Chicago that is just over the midway, which means scary land for all those who live north of the midway. In fact, I was one of those people who was scared of the land south of the midway until I observed two things:

  1. The price of housing in Hyde Park proper
  2. The other cheap area around Hyde Park, i.e. the very scary land across Hyde Park


That would convince any of us cheap grad students that the land south of the midway is our milk and honey. But since I have moved over here I have found that it is not at all the dangerous land that I once thought. In fact where I live seems to be a very nice little neighborhood.

Some ways that the new place is better than when I lived in Hyde Park proper include:

  • No one panhandling in front of my building
  • I have actually met most all of my neighbors
  • Police cruise down my street frequently
  • Vistors will have a place to park

Well anywho I gots to run.

No comments: